LATEST DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION, FIRST FIELD EXPERIENCE WITH A THIRD GENERATION MEDIUM SPEED ENGINE
The TM620, of which the similarities and differences with the smaller TM410 are described, appears to accept a rating of about 1.5 bar mean effective pressure more than the TM410 before similar limits are reached. The selection of turbocharging systems for reliable service led to the pulse-system for six and the multipulse system for eight and nine cylinder engines. The merits of these systems for the engine performance are discussed.
- Paper presented at the ASME Energy Technology Conference and Exhibit, 3-7 February 1980.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Wesselo, J H
- Kimstra, K
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Design; Diesel engines; Electric power plants; Performance; Turbochargers
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel design; Diesel performance; Diesel turbochargers; Medium speed diesels; Power plant analysis; Power plant performance; Turbocharged diesels; Turbocharging systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00312379
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 80-DGP-25 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM