STUDY OF A PLASMA TORCH FOR IMPROVING ADHESION. FINAL OPERATIONAL ASSESSMENT OF THE PLASMA TORCH TRAIN
Data is given on two trials with plasma equipment on the Eastern and Southern Regions of British Rail. Although insufficient data was obtained for a proper statistical evaluation, these trials indicate that any immediate benefit which the plasma torch may confer is not sustained sufficiently to be of benefit to subsequent traffic.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Car wheels (Railroads); Plasma arc cutting; Rail (Railroads); Tests; Train track dynamics; Wheel slip; Wheels
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Plasma torch; Question b114
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052983
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B114/RP 5/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM