APPLICATIONS AND ADVANTAGES OF FLEXIBLE SIDE WALL BELT CONVEYORS FOR CONVEYING AND ELEVATING BULK MATERIALS
A well-proven belt conveyor system using flat conveyor belting with special rubber profiles is compared with conventional systems such as troughed belt, drag and flight conveyors, bucket elevators and skip hoists for the elevating of bulk materials. Advantages, particularly in heavy-duty applications, offer substantial savings in space, maintenance, energy and avoidance of product degradation due to impact and transfer-point eliminations.
- Paper presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, 2-7 December 1979.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Plaut, WPB
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Belt conveyors; Bulk cargo handling; Conveyors; Loading and unloading
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk loading systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00312201
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 79-WA/MH-13 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM