BRAKE PADS FOR DISC BRAKES. PROVISIONAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF BRAKE PADS FOR DISC BRAKES
This report is concerned with the provisional specifications for the acceptance of brake pads for disc brakes, distinguishing two categories of brake pads (H and L). H (high friction) brake pads should have a frictional coefficient of about 0.35, and L (low friction) brake pads one of about 0.25. These specifications of acceptance are essentially based on the conditions which the DB and FS require to be met by brake pads for their vehicles, thus taking into consideration the experience gained so far in the field of disc brakes. The report also contains a summary, listing the vehicles equipped with disc brakes which are now in use on the administrations represented in the B 126 Specialists Committee.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Brakes; Coefficient of friction; Disc brakes; Specifications; Standardization
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Question b126
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052979
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B126/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM