THE ECONOMIC ABZ'S OF THE RAILROAD INDUSTRY
A statistical reference which is both a primer for basic understanding of railroad economics and a source of data for advanced study of the industry is issued at 5-year intervals with annual updates consisting of raw data from the previous year. Each of the 122 tables, derived from carriers' annual and quarterly reports to ICC, supports a conclusion about some aspect of the industry and covers Class I railroads without Amtrak. Tables are organized within eight categories: Consist of the industry, capital investment, cost of operations, demand and traffic, energy, financial performance, rates, and resource avaiability and utilization. The complete reports issued at 5-year intervals will include time-series data and indices.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Commodities; Energy consumption; Finance; Freight transportation; Industry structure; Operating costs; Productivity; Profitability; Statistics; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Class I railroads
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Energy; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00316739
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM