HYDRAULIC POWER APPLICATIONS ABOARD SHIP: CARGO OIL AND BALLAST VALVE CONTROL SYSTEM
The Cargo Oil and Ballast Valve Control System is of concern to naval architects, shipbuilders and owners as one of the most important systems governing the safe loading, unloading and transferring of liquids aboard today's tankers. Desirable characteristics for a control system, together with costs and maintenance, are considerations making the difference between what may be called passable, good, or excellent engineering of the cargo oil and ballast valve control system. The purpose of this paper is to present a review of the subject and to act as a springboard for future development and rational application of the cargo oil and ballast valve control system.
- Paper presented on 8 February 1979 to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Section, SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Lombardi, M S
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling equipment; Control systems; Electrohydraulic mechanisms; Hydraulic equipment; Intermodal transfer; Liquid cargo handling; Machine valves; Petroleum
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo valve controls; Control valves; Electro hydraulic systems; Hydraulic systems; Oil transfer systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00316715
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM