STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. STATIC AND DYNAMIC TESTS CARRIED OUT ON THE PROTOTYPES OF VANS
This report covers the tests carried out at Minden (DB) and at Vitry-sur-Seine (SNCF), on behalf of the enlarged ORE Committee B 12, on two prototype wagons: covered van, type 1, "Uerdingen" Glmmhs 01, DB 257 and two-axled flat wagon, "de Dietrich" SNCF JQhor 122400. The flat wagon was fitted with shock units and had been designed in such a way that the automatic shock- and traction coupler could eventually be fitted without the need for any extensive modifications.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1962-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Loads; Standardization; Static tests; Tests; Vehicle design; Vehicle frames
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design; Question b12; Underframes
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052972
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 7/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM