STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. RESULTS ON THE STATIC AND DYNAMIC TESTS CARRIED OUT ON THE PROTOTYPE VANS
The present report deals with the tests carried out on behalf of the enlarged ORE Committee B 12, both at the test-station at Vitry-sur-Seine and that at Minden, on the following two covered prototype vans: "Uerdingen " Gmms DB 234; "de Dietrich" SNCF K336799. The test programme was established along the same lines as that adopted for the open prototype wagons discussed in detail in Interim Report No. 3. It comprised: 1) at VITRY: static compression tests on the test bench: compression of 200 tonnes, on all buffers together, simple diagonal compression: 40 tonnes, combined diagonal compression: 40 tonnes and 60 tonnes; static vertical load tests: evenly distributed load: 40 t-tare, concentrated load: 16 tonnes on 3 m, concentrated load: 14 tonnes on 1.5 m; static compression tests, combined with vertical load: 40 t-tare, evenly distributed, combined with compression of 200 tonnes on all the buffers together; static tests of the resistance against torsion (lifting at one corner); resistance tests of the flooring of SNCF 336799 van, supplementing a similar test carried out at Minden; dynamic buffing tests (van load of bulk cereals). 2) at MINDEN: resistance tests of the flooring, resistance tests of the side and end walls, tests of the resistance against torsion.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1961-7
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Box cars; Compression tests; Dynamic tests; Floors; Freight cars; Loads; Standardization; Static tests; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design; Question b12
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052970
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 5/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM