BASES OF FREIGHT TRAFFIC ECONOMICS
GRUNDLAGEN DER GUETERVERKEHRSOEKONOMIE
Definition and theory of the generation and handling of freight traffic. An analysis is made of the economic factors for the three major transport modes, showing development objectives, and typical "transport profiles" are defined. The advantages of the railway are to be found at the general economic level, whilst those of motor traffic are to be found in individual profitability.
Deutscher Verkehrs-Verlag GmbHHamburg, Germany
- Claussen, T
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Appendices; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 238 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Competition; Economic analysis; Freight transportation; Motor carriers; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00316527
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: DB: Dok 5108
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM