FILTRATION OF THE COMBUSTION AIR AND THE COOLING AIR OF INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES, AND COOLING AIR FOR ELECTRIC MACHINERY ON LOCOMOTIVES. PART A: AIR FILTRATION. REPORT OF ENQUIRY
The present report gives an account of the research undertaken by several Member-Administrations of ORE on the two following subjects: Determination of the dust content of air absorbed by rolling stock, and filtration of the combustion air of internal combustion engines, and cooling air for electric machinery on Diesel and electric locomotives and air conditioning on vehicles. As far as the former field of studies is concerned, the studies undertaken have not been very numerous and the results of what systematic measurements were made are not yet definitely known. As regards the latter field, some Member-Administrations have however undertaken comparative tests on filters; they have also defined the conditions for the cleaning of the filters used by them on their rolling stock. Some of them have standardized the dimensions of some types of filters and a few Administrations have compiled a technical specification for the supply of filters. The report concludes that additional studies would be useful in order to supply solutions of general application as regards the problem of air filtration.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-6
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Air filters; Cooling systems; Diesel engines; Electric locomotives; Questionnaires; Tests; Ventilation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b67
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052957
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B67/RE /E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM