BACKGROUND DOCUMENTATION ON VISIBILITY ON BEHALF OF THE CAMPAIGN "WELL EQUIPPED WITH LIGHTS - SEE AND BE SEEN"
ACHTERGRONDDOCUMENTATIE ZICHTBAARHEID TEN BEHOEVE VAN DE ACTIE "GOED LICHT - GOED BEKEKEN"
Background documentation of the publicity campaign by Veilig Verkeer Nederland on the better visibility of the car, the moped and the bicycle is presented. The necessity of good vehicle lighting and the use of a reflector for the moped and the bicycle, in particular in darkness, is stressed. In the Netherlands a red rear reflector and reflectors in the pedals have been mandatory for bicycles and mopeds from November 1, 1979. Measures for improvement of driving situations in fog are also presented. (TRRL)
VEILIG VERKEER NEDERLANDPO BOX 423
HUIZEN, Netherlands 1270 AK
- Klein, R P
- Meiland, ECH
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Bicycles; Fog; Headlamps; Mopeds; Publicity; Reflectorized materials; Side lighting; Traffic safety; Vehicle lighting; Vehicle lighting devices; Vehicle rear end; Visibility
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rear
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 1211: Bicycle; 1243: Car; 2547: Fog; 1342: Headlamp; 1221: Motorcycle; 8078: Netherlands; 8573: Publicity; 9067: Rear; 1343: Reflector (veh); 1331: Side light; 6783: Visibility
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00316499
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM