ARE STANDARDS FOR RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORT PERFORMANCE MEASURES APPLICABLE?
IS EEN NORMERINGSSYSTEEM VOOR HET VOORZIENINGSNIVEAU VAN HET STREEKVERVOER TOEPASBAAR?
This report on an extensive literature search discusses standards for efficiency of public transport based on other than financial criteria. Several definitions of the concept of transit performance measures are considered. An overview is given of the transit service standards which were found in theoretical literature. The applications of such standards in several countries, especially in the Netherlands, are summed up and the problems of these applications are analysed. The conclusion is that transport services can indeed be measured, but it is not easy to develop a clear and comprehensible standard. (TRRL)
Ministerie van Verkeer en Waterstaat, Netherlands1-6 Plesmanweg
The Hague, Netherlands
- Vanris, S
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Comfort; Economic efficiency; Economic factors; Economics; Operations research; Performance; Planning; Policy; Public transit; Reviews; Rural areas; Specifications; Standards; Timetables; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel time; Trip length
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 9138: Comfort; 263: Economics of transport; 5911: Efficiency; 697: Journey time; 8078: Netherlands; 9055: Operational research; 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 744: Public transport; 328: Rural area; 177: Specifications; 1186: Timetable
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00316496
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1982 12:00AM