A HANDBOOK OF PAVEMENT MANAGEMENT: VOLUME I--PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF A MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED ON A VISUAL RATING OF PAVEMENT CONDITION
Volume 1 develops a management system for maintenance and rehabilitation management of pavements. Such a system can be considered as a logical assessment of information and procedures necessary to permit optimizing the maintenance and rehabilitation procedures. The purpose of a management system is to provide a method whereby, with the proper input, the most cost effective strategy for pavement maintenance can be determined. The system is based on a visual rating of the pavement condition and incorporates the opinions of some 30 municipal engineers who, collectively, represent some 500 man years of experience in the design, construction and maintenance of all types of road pavements. a step-by-step procedure is developed together with appropriate data recording sheets. Volume 2 details the maintenance and rehabilitation procedures and products.
- In cooperation with SAMI Proprietary Limited.
Unisearch LimitedNew South Wales University
Kensington, New South Wales 2033, Australia
- Yeaman, J
- LEE, I K
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 184 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Driver rehabilitation; Handbooks; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Pavement management systems; Paving
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00316485
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM