This timely publication examines the role and tasks of supervisors in terms of effective management and good labor-management relations. Topics Include: Defining the Four Basic Functions of Supervision--Planning, Organizing, Directing, Controlling; Detailed Discussion and Analyses of these Functions including Practice Exercises and How-To Techniques; The Supervisor in a Collective Bargaining Environment--ABCs of Collective Bargaining--Glossary of Collective Bargaining Terms.
University of California, Los AngelesInstitute of Industrial Relations
Los Angeles, CA USA 90024
- Spitz, J A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 288 p.
- TRT Terms: Collective bargaining; Labor relations; Management; Personnel management
- Old TRIS Terms: Management techniques
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00316456
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM