GENERAL PROBLEMS CONNECTED WITH WHEELS AND THEIR ASSEMBLY: SOLID CAST-STEEL WHEELS, WHEELS OF DIFFERENT DIAMETER AND SHAPE. FIRST CONTRIBUTION TO THE DETERMINATION OF THE OPTIMUM CONDITIONS FOR FITTING WHEEL TYRES ONTO WHEEL CENTRES
This report deals with running and braking tests under load on wheel tyres assembled with the wheel centres under given conditions. Precise indications are given concerning the object of the tests and the conditions under which they were carried out. It also contains details regarding the measurements and the results obtained concerning: the grip and the surface conditions, and the loads, distances covered and braking forces, together with the results of straingauge measurements of the behavior of the tyre on the rim.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1968-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment tests; Measuring instruments; Size; Strain gages; Stresses; Tests; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Cast steel wheels; Question b98; Small diameter wheels; Test equipment; Wheel design; Wheel size; Wheel stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052952
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B98/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM