PORT OF GOTHENBURG, CONCENTRATION OF DRY CARGO TRAFFIC AND INTRODUCTION OF A NEW CARGO HANDLING SYSTEM
The paper presents a proposal for a new cargo handling system for the Port of Gothenburg. The proposal is based on the LUF (Lift Unit Frame) system which consists of three components: A frame on which cargo can be assembled, a low multiwheeled trailer, and a towing unit. A technical description is given of the LUF system and the application of the system for container and general cargo handling is discussed. A proposed layout is presented for the Skandia and Elfsborg harbours for LUF operation. Future development of the LUF system is discussed and design of special LUF ferries and vessels highlighted. Cost figures for LUF operation is included in an appendix. Order from NSFI as No. 19581.
- Paper presented at the Symposium on Soviet-Swedish Scientific and Technical Cooperation in Shipbuilding, 19-23 November 1979, Gothenburg.
Soviet-Swedish Sci & Tech Cooperation in ShipbuildGothenburg, Sweden
- JOHANSSON, A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Economic analysis; Ferries; Lifting equipment; Unitized cargo
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00316444
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 4 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM