ARCTIC BULK CARRIERS-GENERAL DESCRIPTIONS
The paper presents four designs of ice-strengthened vessels for arctic operation. These designs are: a 31,900 dwt ice-strengthened bulk carrier, a 37,000 dwt arctic bulk carrier, a 6500 dwt arctic multi-purpose ship and a 15,000 dwt arctic multi-purpose ship. The dimensions and capacities are listed and hull form, design, machinery as well as outfitting are discussed for each type of design. The feasibility of converting the 37,000 dwt bulk carrier into an arctic drilling support vessel is also discussed. Order from NSFI as No. 19485.
- Paper presented at the Symposium on Soviet-Swedish Scientific and Technical Cooperation in Shipbuilding, 19-23 November 1979, Gothenburg.
Soviet-Swedish Sci & Tech Cooperation in ShipbuildGothenburg, Sweden
- Liljestroem, G
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Cargo ships; Ice; Icebreakers; Ship conversion; Shipping; Ships; Strength of materials; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic shipping; Ice strengthening; Multipurpose ships; Ship descriptions (Multipurpose)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00316443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 2 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM