ARCTIC BULK CARRIER--HULL FORM CONSIDERATIONS
The paper describes tank tests carried out by Goetaverken Arendal to obtain basic knowledge about the effect of different hull forms in ice as well as in open water with alternative fore- and afterbody models for a 37,000 dwt bulk carrier. The ship data are presented. The results of the tests are presented and commented upon. Order from NSFI as No. 19483.
- Paper presented at the Symposium on Soviet-Swedish Scientific and Technical Cooperation in Shipbuilding, 19-23 November 1979, Gothenburg.
Soviet-Swedish Sci & Tech Cooperation in ShipbuildGothenburg, Sweden
- Moberg, S
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Cargo ships; Equipment tests; Fluid resistance; Hulls; Icebreakers; Tanks (Containers); Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull forms; Model testing; Tank testing
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00316441
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 5 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM