DEVELOPMENTS IN FIRE PROTECTION OF OFFSHORE PLATFORMS
Nine contributions, 8 of which are indexed separately, are contained in this book. The book sets out to detail the fire and explosive risks, outline the legislative and accepted safety standards, and explain in some detail the type of equipment available and the way in which it is designed into logical systems. These systems are installed to give early warning of danger, to obtain extinguishment where possible or to control and limit fire damage until more positive action--such as emergency shut down--can be put into effect.
- For individual contributions see MRIS Nos. 316419, 316423-4, 316426-8 and 316430-1.
Applied Science Publishers Limited22 Rippleside Commercial Estate, Ripple Road
Barking, Essex, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 223 p.
- TRT Terms: Explosions; Fire detection systems; Fire extinguishing agents; Fire fighting equipment; Fires; Hazards; Loss and damage; Offshore platforms; Production; Protection; Regulations; Safety; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fire hazards; Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Damage control; Explosion prevention; Platform safety
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00316425
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM