Safer roads with automated vehicles?
This report examines how increasing automation of cars and trucks could affect road safety, and which security vulnerabilities will need to be addressed with the rise of self-driving vehicles. It applies the principles of the Safe System approach and relevance of Vision Zero for road safety to the wider discussion on vehicle automation. It also takes into consideration the security of the cyber-physical system associated with automated driving, including a definition of relevant system boundaries and future-proof minimum requirements for safety and security.
- Record URL:
International Transport ForumParis,
International Transport Forum,
- Publication Date: 2018-5
- Pagination: 44p
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Crash analysis; Highway safety; Security; Vehicle safety; Vehicle to infrastructure communications; Vehicle to vehicle communications
- ATRI Terms: Autonomous vehicle; Crash analysis; Road safety; Security; Vehicle safety; Vehicle to roadside communications; Vehicle to vehicle communications
- Subject Areas: Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 01673684
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 26 2018 10:13AM