INFRAESTRUCTURA VIAL FERREA
This report describes the state of the art of railways in Colombia. The network is 3431 km long, 2797 km of which are opened to traffic, some of the lines having been closed. 20% of the network in service is in mountainous areas where difficult alignment, steep gradients and small radii of curvature (70 M) are prominent features. These factors together with instability problems inherent in the Andes region and the severity of the winters greatly complicate transport operations in general and rail operations in particular. For the covering abstract see IRRD abstract no 108676.
- 16th National Congress of Civil Engineering, October 4-8, 1978, Cali, Colombia.
Ministerio de Obras Publicas y TransporteOficina de Planeamiento
- Ramos, L G
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Developing countries; Geological events; State of the art
- Geographic Terms: Colombia
- Old TRIS Terms: Geological conditions; Grade operations
- ITRD Terms: 8024: Colombia; 8525: Conference; 4053: Geology; 2885: Layout; 143: Planning; 5925: Properties; 1173: Rail bound transport; 9073: Shape; 5930: Stability; 2545: Weather
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00316371
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM