FINITE LAYER ANALYSIS OF CONSOLIDATION (PART 2)
The theory developed in part I of this paper (IRRD no. 239644) is extended to apply to the consolidation of horizontally layered soils under both axially symmetric and general surface loading. The method again leads to a considerable reduction in the amount of core storage necessary for computer solution and can be implemented on a mini - computer (A).
University of SydneySchool of Civil Engineering, Parramatta Road
Sydney, New South Wales Australia 2006
- BOOKER, J R
- Small, J C
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Consolidation; Finite element method; Mathematical analysis; Minicomputers; Pavement layers; Soil compaction; Soil mechanics; Soil stabilization; Soils
- Old TRIS Terms: Soil compacting
- ITRD Terms: 6471: Analysis (math); 5791: Consolidation (soil); 8673: Digital computer; 6490: Finite element method; 2952: Layer; 4156: Soil
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00316363
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res Rpt 358 Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM