IMPROVED SAFETY THROUGH TRAINING FOR GAS HANDLING OPERATION AT THE SHIP/JETTY INTERFACE
In this paper ways are suggested in which a greater degree of understanding can be generated between gas carrier and jetty personnel through integrated training and the use of case studies, audio-visual aids and simulation in the context of operations and emergency procedures. Some difficulties which result from this approach are identified. Order from NSFI as No. 19582.
- Presented at Gastech 79, 13-16 November 1979, Houston (Session 4).
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- McGuire, G
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Audiovisual aids; Curricula; Freight handling; Handling and storage; Liquefied natural gas; Safety; Safety education; Safety programs; Simulation; Specialized training; Training; Training simulators
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng handling; Lng safety; Lng training courses; Simulated lng handling
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00316348
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 8 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM