THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE IMCO GAS CARRIER CODE FOR EXISTING SHIPS
With designs being today of such a sophisticated nature it has proved necessary to produce, in the form of the New Ship Code, an international standard for the design and construction of gas carriers. The Existing Ship Code is a compromise between the full requirements of the New Ship Code and the various standards as applied at the time of construction of those gas carriers already in service. Order from NSFI as No. 19458.
- Presented at Gastech 79, 13-16 November 1979, Houston (Session 3).
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Harris, F S
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical tankers; Design; Design standards; Hazardous materials; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Regulations; Safety; Shipbuilding; Tankers; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation; Imco liquefied gas code; Lng regulations; Tanker construction
- Subject Areas: Design; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00316342
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 5 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM