PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF FIRES IN SHIPS
This volume contains six papers presented and discussed at a one day symposium organized jointly by the Institute Marine Engineers and the Royal Institution of Naval Architects. The papers cover fire protection for oil tankers, fire prevention and control in chemical tankers, fire fighting in the Royal Navy, smoke and toxic gases from burning plastics, health hazards of asbestos and safety precautions and the causes of fires in ships.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Asbestos; Chemical tankers; Fire causes; Fire fighting; Fire prevention; Fires; Hazardous chemicals; Health hazards; Marine safety; Poisons; Prevention; Protection; Ships; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship fires
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous chemical fires; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00316322
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM