REPORT OF SEAKEEPING COMMITTEE. SESSION ON THE MOTION OF THE HULL, SEAKEEPING
The following areas are reported and discussed: 1) Review of research on seakeeping covering the subject of standards for seakeeping experiments, tank wall interference, recent progress in the prediction of ship motion, shallow water effects, comparison of results obtained with computer programs to predict ship motions in six degrees of freedom, hydrodynamic forces, voluntary speed loss in rough weather, and antiroll tank performance evaluation. 2) Recommendations of the committee on future activities. Order from NSFI as No. 19522.
- Presented at the 15th ITTC, September 1978, The Hague (Proceedings Volume 1, p 55 and Volume 2, p 43).
International Towing Tank ConferenceHamburgishe Schiffbauversuchsanstalt, Hamburg
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Equipment tests; Hydrodynamic pressure; Moments (Mechanics); Navigation; Rolling; Seakeeping; Ship motion; Suspension systems; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Antirolling systems; Hydrodynamic forces; Rolling moment; Shallow water effects; Tank testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00316301
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM