MILS: THE MINERAL INDUSTRY LOCATION SYSTEM OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF MINES
The Bureau of Mines Mineral Industry Location System (MILS) is part of the computerized Minerals Availability System (MAS), a comprehensive data base of known mineral deposits. MILS, the location subsystem of MAS, has become widely used by the minerals industry and organizations with land-use planning and land management responsibilities. Information on more than 135,000 mineral locations and processing plants in the United States is contained in the data base. This information includes the name, location, mineral commodity, type of operation, bibliography, and cross-references for each property or prospect.
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC United States 20241
- Berg, A W
- Carillo, F V
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Databases; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Information systems; Mineral resources; Traffic forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00316247
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM