Developing Effective Policies and Procedures
Without policies and procedures, daily operations in any transit system would be chaotic and hard to manage. Employees would have no guidance, riders would not understand the system, and financial loss due to inefficiencies would be great. It is in the best interest of all transit systems, rural to urban, to have unambiguous procedures and reasonable, forward-looking policies. This brief will outline the most important things to keep in mind when developing policies and procedures for the rural transit system, and ways to ensure their effectiveness once they are in place.
- Record URL:
- Released in 2008 and updated in June 2018.
- Publication Date: 2018-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 5p
- TRT Terms: Policy; Procedures; Public transit; Rural areas
- Subject Areas: Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01673784
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 14 2018 11:16AM