THE UTILIZATION OF ALTERNATIVE FUELS IN A DIESEL ENGINE USING DIFFERENT METHODS
Development work has been carried out on a turbo charged direct injection diesel engine with methanol, ethanol and gasoline. Using additives to increase the cetane number, emulsion with diesel fuel, forced ignition with diesel injected prior to the alternative fuel, by a separate injection system and carburation are the methods which have been investigated. Spark ignited diesel has been studied and is commented on to complete the picture. The intention of the paper is to evaluate these methods.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Holmer, E
- Bertilsson, B-I
- Berg, P S
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Carburetion; Diesel engines; Ethanol; Flood damage; Fuel injection; Methanol; Spark ignition engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315486
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800544
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM