THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY MEASUREMENT OF TIRE MATERIALS
The interest in improving vehicle fuel economy has prompted the development of a computer model to predict the power loss of a rolling tire. This model will allow rapid evaluation of the effects of various tire geometric and materials properties on the tire power loss. This work describes method of measuring the thermal conductivity of tire materials, which is just one of the data based inputs required by the model.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- WICKLIFFE, L E
- Broune, A L
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Fuel consumption; Mathematical models; Measurement; Rolling; Thermal conductivity; Tires
- Old TRIS Terms: Resistance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315480
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800179
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM