SYSTEM DESIGN OF THE ELECTRIC TEST VEHICLE--ONE (ETV-1)
Developed as a total system, the ETV-1 incorporates improvemetns in vehicle design, electronics and battery technology. Performance of the ETV-1 is enhanced by lightweight construction, low aerodynamic drag, and low rolling resistance. Efficiency of the electrical drive subsystem is optimized through the use of a separately excited drive motor with transistorized armature and field controls. An improved lead-acid battery is used to provide high energy and power density. The test vehicles have demonstrated outstanding performance, including an urban driving range of 119 km, a top speed of 112 km/hr, and a O to 48 km/hr acceleration time of less than nine seconds.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Rowland, E A
- Schwarze, K U
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Drag; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Electronics; Range (Vehicles); Rolling; Technology; Vehicle design; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Resistance
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315479
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800057
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM