SHEET ALUMINUM WHEELS
The history of the development of sheet aluminum wheels, including alloy selection, properties, and tests are discussed. A number of alloys were considered for wheel applciation. The strain hardening characteristics, the excellent corrosion resistance and other property criteria led to the selection of 5454 as the sheet aluminum wheel alloy.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Scott, I C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Aluminum alloys; Corrosion resistance; History; Performance tests; Strain hardening; Wheels
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; History; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315476
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800231
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM