PERFORMANCE AND NO SUB X MODEL OF A DIRECT INJECTION STRATIFIED CHARGE ENGINE
A model has been developed to predict the performance and NOx emission of the Texaco stratified charge engine. The complete engine cycle program starts from engine geometry, valve and fuel injection timing, fuel characteristics and operating conditions and includes the following phases: valve overlap, intake, compression, combustion, expansion and exhaust. The fuel mixing process is described by a jet mixing model. Nitric oxide emissions are calculated by using the extended Zel'dovich kinetic mechanism. The model computes combustion rates, heat transfer and NOx based on the same jet mix processes at each stage.
- Hiraki, H
- Rife, J M
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Compression; Exhaust gases; Fuel injection; Heat transfer; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Performance; Stratified charge engines; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315472
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800050
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM