PASSENGER CAR NOISE CONTROL MEASURES AND THEIR EFFECTS ON FUEL ECONOMY, WEIGHT AND COST
Various passenger car practical noise control measures are presented and discussed. Emphasis is placed on the noise control trade-offs with fuel economy and weight. Both diesel and gasoline powered automobiles were considered. They include: a) reduced engine speed by 10%, b) engine sizing and configuration, c) combustion process, d) engine structures, shielding and enclosures, and e) gas flow.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Morrision, D
- Challen, B J
- Publication Date: 1980-2-25
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Diesel engines; Fuel consumption; Gasoline engines; Noise control; Weight
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315471
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800439
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM