OPTIMIZATION AS A TOOL FOR AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN
The modern automobile must be designed to achieve competing objectives in the presence of severe constraints. Discussed here are modern optimization methods which can be useful in this design environment. Included in the discussion are the very powerful Generalized Reduced Gradient and Method of Multipliers algorithms. Mechanical component and system design examples are given which demonstrate the utility of the optimization approach. Particular attention is given to the engine as a major automotive component.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Ragsdell, K M
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Automotive engineering; Optimization; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315470
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800432
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM