NEW LIGHT-WEIGHT MATERIALS FOR VEHICLE BODY PANELS--ALUMINUM/NYLON LAMINATES
Aluminum/nylon laminates are described which are designed for light-weighting applications in stiffness-limited automotive body panel applications. They are light weight, stiff, damage resistant, formable and durable. They appear to offer a cost effective replacement for .81 mm (.032") steelsheet at 1/3 the weight per square foot.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- McKenna, L W
- Wohl, M H
- Woodbrey, J C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Building materials; Cost effectiveness; Durability; Laminates; Motor vehicle bodies; Nylon; Stiffness; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315468
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800079
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM