A MICROCOMPUTER-BASED AUTOMOTIVE COMFORT CONTROL SYSTEM
A microcomputer has been added to the Panel Control portion of an automotive heating and air conditioning control system. All Panel Control tasks are done by the microcomputer including multiplexing of LED displays, interpretation of the keyboard, reception of information from the engine control system and command of the Programer portion of the system. The flexibility of the microcomputer has proven useful in meeting changing customer requirements. This paper describes the application of the microcomputer to this new automotive product.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Learner II, K O
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Automotive engineering; Comfort; Control systems; Heating (Structures); Microcomputers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315466
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800476
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM