MICROCOMPUTER PROGRAMS USEFUL FOR ASPECTS OF ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION
The listings of two programs written in the BASIC language for use on microcomputers are presented. The first, APPLETRAJ, is oriented toward discovery of the initial conditions required of a skidding vehicle to match trajectory evidence. The second, APPLECRASH, uses sets of geometric, inertial and energy absorbing vehicle parameters to interpret the crush shapes of a pair of crashed vehicles into a value for the system linear impulse. From the impluse the Delta-Velocity and the Delta-Omega of each vehicle are found. In addition, the peak forces that the model uses are presented.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Hess, R L
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Crash investigation; Energy absorption; Microcomputers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00315465
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800174
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM