METAL-PLASTIC LAMINATES FOR VEHICLE WEIGHT REDUCTION
A laminate combines the material optimization achievable with a composite with the manufacturing convenience and economy offered by a sheet material. In stiffness limited applications, a laminate can provide greater weight savings than are obtainable with other alternate materials at a potentially much lower cost. This paper describes the factors which influence the design of a laminate, the benefits offered by such laminates, and the characteristics of laminates which might limit their application.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Miller, W K
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Construction safety; Laminates; Motor vehicles; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction area accidents
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315464
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800077
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM