IN SEARCH OF ORIGINS OF ENGINE NOISE--AN HISTORICAL REVIEW
The paper traces from the introduction of the internal combustion engine the numerous attempts that have been made to understand the fundamental origins of noise. It relates the progress made from very early subjective assessments to the present day sophisticated experimental and theoretical analyses.
- Presented at the SAE Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 25-29 February 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Priede, T
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; History; Internal combustion engines; Noise; Reviews; Running speed; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Engine noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; History; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315461
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800534, HS-030 118
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1983 12:00AM