HISTORY OF AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING IN EUROPE
This paper is a brief review of the development of automotive lighting in Europe with emphasis on the years after World War I. An explanation of the committee structure for developing regulations is included. The causes of some of the major differences between Europe and U.S. lighting are explained and a plea is made for harmonization, which is just now getting underway.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Maurer, P W
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: History; Standards; Vehicle lighting
- Subject Areas: Highways; History; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315458
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800339
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM