THE EVOLUTION OF THE PASSENGER CAR WHEEL
The objective of this paper is to trace the history of wheels and their development for use on the passenger car. This will include a brief description of the various types of wheels, their origins, their load carrying characteristics and their advantages and disadvantages. Illustrations of typical examples of each type will be included. Some of the trends in design of future wheels will be discussed.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Tuttle, E E
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Design; Evolution; History; Wheels
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; History; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315455
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800065
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM