EVALUATION OF THE BRAKE-FORCE DISTRIBUTION AND ITS INFLUENCE ON THE BRAKING PERFORMANCE OF LIGHT COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
The first part of this paper contains a description of the assessment criteria (deseleration, steerability, stability), plus an analysis of the most important disturbance factors (engine braking moment, brake-factor, variations etc.) which can have a strong influence on the braking performance of a light commercial vehicle. In the second part a description is given of the equipment which is required for the simulation of a braking vehicle on process-computer-controlled test stands. The combination of calculation, brake simulation on test stands and concluding road tests ensures that an optimum commercial vehicle brake design is provided not only for practical operation but also for the safe fulfilment of legal specifications.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- GOEHRING, E
- Wolsdorf, P
- von Glasner, E C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Commercial vehicles; Evaluation; Legal factors; Performance based specifications; Road tests; Specifications
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315452
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800523
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM