ELECTRONICALLY COMMUTATED MOTORS FOR VEHICLE APPLICATIONS
New electronically commutated traction motors for electric vehicles may offer improved efficiency over a wider load range, lower weight, and potentially lower cost than conventional brush type machines. Two new electronically commutated traction motors are described along with predicted and measured performance data. The motors are being developed for NASA as part of the Department of Energy electric and hybrid vehicle program.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Echolds, E F
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economic efficiency; Electric vehicles; Hybrid vehicles; Range (Vehicles); Vehicle performance; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315448
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800062
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 1980 12:00AM