DIESEL ENGINE SOUND REDUCTION BY DYNAMIC STRUCTURAL MODELING
This paper presents a procedure for reducing diesel engine sound levels by combining analytical models and test data. Four elements previously analyzed individually; 1) structure modal characteristics, 2) forcing functions, 3) dynamic response, and 4) acoustical radiation were combined to accurately predict changes in diesel engine sound levels due to structural modifications.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Moncelle, M F
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Diesel engines; Noise control; Sound level
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315441
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800409
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM