Improving supply chain risk management – can additional data help?
The recent large number of catastrophic events, such as terrorist attacks, natural disasters and pandemics, has drawn attention to the vulnerability of supply chains and the capability of IT system to monitor, predict and counteract adverse events. Experts agree that visibility and information sharing are fundamental tools to enhance the management of supply chain risks. Hence, by means of field studies conducted with seven companies, this study aims to shed more light upon how information sharing can improve supply chain risk management. As a result, the analysed companies showed great differences in their wishes for how to develop information sharing in the supply chain. Some respondents had clear visions for sophisticated, automated systems, whereas others expressed no wishes at all.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/17427967
- Copyright © 2018 Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Urciuoli, Luca
- Hintsa, Juha
- Publication Date: 2018
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: pp 195-224
- International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management
- Volume: 30
- Issue Number: 2
- Publisher: Inderscience Enterprises Limited
- ISSN: 1742-7967
- EISSN: 1742-7945
- Serial URL: http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijlsm
- TRT Terms: Data sharing; Information systems; Risk management; Supply chain management; Telecommunications
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01672106
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 6 2018 10:26AM