DEVELOPMENT AND CALIBRATION OF AN AERODYNAMIC DISTURBANCE TEST FACILITY
This paper summarizes the development of an aerodynamic disturbance test facility that can be used to study the influence of crosswind disturbances on road vehicle handling. A literature review of ambient wind measurements and wind tunnel tests was combined with preliminary analysis to develop the requirements for a low cost, transportable, easy to operate, rugged, test facility.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Klein, R H
- JEX, H R
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Costs; Crosswinds; Handling characteristics; Measurement; Motor vehicles; Reviews; Vehicle dynamics; Wind tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Handling
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315439
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800143
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM