ANATOMY INJURY FREQUENCY BIOMECHANICS, AND HUMAN TOLERANCE'S
The propose of this literature review was to determine area of automotive injury information that may add to knowledge of injury type, frequency, severity, and cause. This paper is a review of the literature concentrating on the period between 1965 and present. Literature on car, van, or light truck occupants has been reviewed for injury frequencies, types, and locations. Current experimental biomechanical articles are also included. A search was made for descriptions of injury frequency, restraint effectiveness, and the causes of specific injuries. Medical and engineering journals, texts, and books were reviewed. For convenience, this report is divided into sections by body region with an overview introduction on the anatomy of the specific region.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Huelke, D F
- Melvin, J W
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Biophysics; Crash causes; Crash severity; Human beings; Injuries; Light trucks; Motor vehicles; Reviews; Safety equipment; Tolerances (Engineering); Vans
- Old TRIS Terms: Tolerances
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315431
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800098, HS-029 160U
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM