ANALYSIS OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE FOR RECHARGING ELECTRIC VEHICLES
The mobility of the existing personal-vehicle fleet is provided by a refueling infrastructure consisting of petroleum refiners, diistributors, and service stations. This paper identifies the equivalent infrastructure that would be required to support a fleet of electric vehicles (EV), and analyzes the current status in the United States of its major components. The components include the electric utility companies, the types of dwellings at which it would be practical to recharge electric vehicles overnight, and methos for providing range extension.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kaiser, R
- Graver, C C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Fleet management; Infrastructure; Range (Vehicles)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fleets
- Old TRIS Terms: Recharge
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00315430
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800112
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM