ALUMINUM BUMPER SYSTEMS FOR U.S. PASSENGER CARS
A discussion of aluminum bumper systems, alloy data fabrication performance, and costs are presented. Weights and costs of similar steel, aluminum, and urethane face systems are compared and the effect of weight savings on costs and fuel economy is determined. Areas for product improvements are explored.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Glagola, M A
- Johnson, G E
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Automobiles; Building materials; Bumpers; Costs; Fuel consumption; Urethane; Weight
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315427
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800228
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM